Saturday, May 2, 2009

Yosemite Part Deux

The most memorable part of our trip to Yosemite has got to be the grueling 8 hour hike up & down Yosemite Falls. We had wanted to do Half Dome, but the cables at the top weren't open yet since there's still snow up there. I was disappointed to hear that at first, but after the Yosemite Falls hike, I was secretly very happy.

A view of the falls from the night before. My thoughts at the time were: I shall conquer!
Photobucket
Little did I know the hike would kick my ass the next day!

The hike begins...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is why the hike took 8 hours.
Photobucket

Ever wonder who stacked the rocks?
Photobucket
J/K. We found it like that.

Photobucket

Pondering if I'll ever make it up there. It was steep the whole time! I just found out from Wikipedia that Yosemite Falls is the tallest waterfall in North America at 2420 ft. Whoa.
Photobucket

Snow near the top.
Photobucket

This is what I mean by steep.
Photobucket

Holy Guacamole, we made it!!!
Photobucket

I felt like Superwoman.
Photobucket

The top of the falls.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We could've hiked another mile to get to the peak over there.
Photobucket

So we were hiking and all of a sudden Drew screams "SNAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!" I stopped walking and started looking around for a split second thinking, "Why is he screaming about it?" as he pushed me to the other side of the path. When I turned around I saw this big rattlesnake slithering along across the path. Nice!
Photobucket
That was definitely a highlight during this trip. My fat cankles at the end of the day was another. Seriously, my ankles doubled in size & I could barely walk for the next couple of days! Sexy.

The next few days, my parents came & joined us. It was definitely nice spending some quality time together with them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My dad & some deer.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And I'll end with these majestic beauties, giant sequoias in Mariposa Grove.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spectacular!!!!!
Nature's perfection never ceases to astound, same's true for your compositions.
Miss you both so much....
Love,
Krsiten

Gisele Holloway said...

Awesomenesss!!! Love these shots! Seems incredible place!!!

Contributors