Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Antelope Canyon: Page, AZ

Day 2 of our weekend getaway: Drew & I headed up to Page, AZ just so we could experience Antelope Canyon & all its grandeur. Ever since I've seen photos of this place, I've wanted to go and take my own. It's all really like eye candy to me when I look at it so please excuse the excessive amount of pictures here, but I couldn't help myself! :)

First though, an image of Horseshoe Bend, which is also in Page. The only reason why I'm posting this is because I risked my life taking this picture! I laid on the edge of a rock jutting out of a cliff and had wanted to get the entire river in the frame, but would've had to scoot my body out further over the rock. I didn't feel like falling off a 500 foot cliff that day so a cut-off river is what I get.
Photobucket Image Hosting

Ok, on to Antelope Canyon images!
Photobucket Image Hosting

I just love the colors, lines, texture, and especially the light & shadows created by the curves.
Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

I love this ray of light spilling into the canyon.
Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Had asked someone in our tour group (you have to be on a guided tour to see this place) to take a picture for us. The ray of light got cut off, but oh well. Wonder Twins Unite!!!
Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

If you ever want to explore the canyon yourself, I would recommend going with Overland Canyon Tours. They don't have a bajillion trucks taking a gajillion people out there, which is how it should be since the canyon is very narrow inside, and not that long so it's nice to have some space. There was a point when it was extremely overcrowded because another company had about 60 people in there, but once they left, it was a dozen times better. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGOMG I WANNA GO!!! breathtaking....I hope the actual thing lives up to the photos you took ;) Maki

Anne said...

Wonder twins unite :) Those pictures are amazing!!!

Contributors