Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend in Northern Arizona Pt I

I think I died and went to heaven for a bit this weekend. Yes, it was that awesome.

Drew & I headed up to northern AZ this weekend for a nature getaway. I've been missing the forest and all the serenity that comes with it. Surprisingly, there's this beautiful aspen forest up near Flagstaff that took my breath away. We hiked for about 3 hours and by then it was dinnertime. Plus we were pooped from all the uphill hiking!

These are the pics from our hike:

Photobucket

It was so magical I was expecting unicorns, sprites, fauns, and maybe some Smurfs to start running through.
Photobucket

A little while into the hike, I told Drew we HAVE to come back in the fall when the leaves change color. I can't wait now!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some trees just like to be different.
Photobucket

Ok, for some people, I'm a closet treehugger. For those who really know me, I'm a full-blown treehugger.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We saw a little friend along the hike.
Photobucket

And this little one wanted to say hi too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We stopped at the basin & took it all in.
Photobucket

This was where we stopped and stood still for a few minutes. I was on such a natural high (yes, natural). It's been awhile since I've felt so full, complete, and at peace and one with the earth. At this point, I could've happily have melted into the dirt below my feet. (Yes, I've heard before that I was born a few decades late ever since my college days.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hooray for all the aspens! Next post: Antelope valley - a photographers's DREAM!!!

3 comments:

nel said...

beautiful, Lynn! Even just the pictures are calming!

Your smurf comment cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

Lynn these pics are awesome, what a breathtaking place, who knew in Az!!

Maki said...

We saw Aspen in Grand Canyon too! At the north rim, but it is still AZ. Can't wait until post-residency life....[dreamy eyes] :-)

Contributors