Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Puerto Vallarta!!!

Aside from being stranded in the middle of the ocean on a jet ski, our vacation in Puerto Vallarta at Dreams was FUN & RELAXING. So much so that I didn't take out my camera to snap many personal pics, which I wanna say is kinda sad, but not really because I was totally enjoying myself. :)

So here are the few that I did take during the week we were there.
Photobucket

This is the view from our hotel room at nite.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I thought these chairs were so cool. I wanted to buy a set for my house, but our suitcase wasn't big enough.
Photobucket

One of the highlights at Dreams is their turtle release program. It's turtle hatching season, and when the females come ashore to lay their eggs on the resort's beach, the workers there dig them up, incubate them, and when they hatch, they release them the same day in the evening. There was a release every night we were there, and each time they released over 300 baby turtles!!!
Photobucket
Yeah, that looks like about 300 something turtles in there.

Each participant got to hold a turtle & release it onto the sand. Mine was sooooo cute!!! Ok, and so was everyone else's.
Photobucket

We rubbed our hands with sand so that the turtles could pick up the scent. I've never heard this before, but they said that's how the turtles know to come back to this particular beach.
Photobucket

They say about 1 in every 10 turtles survive. Se la vie, I guess.
Photobucket

Look at all those little turtle heads bobbing in the ocean!!! Swim turtles, swim!!!Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a fire show one night with some very talented gals performing.
Photobucket

Photobucket

On another nite, they had a Mexican fiesta with some very delicious authentic Mexican food!
Photobucket

Tequila shots for the thirsty.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The caption for this picture should be:
1. Man, I can't believe there's no pho on the menu.
2. Man, I can't believe they're not serving tequila shots until 7.
3. If I make this face, will Lynn blog about it?

Heh heh heh!

Photobucket
And that's a wrap. Next post: Adriana & Fernando's wedding!

3 comments:

Daisy Varley said...

Those turtles are SO freakin' cute! Love all the images Lynn!

nel said...

did you name your turtle? :P

haha. no pho on the menu, huh?

looks like you guys had a great time!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

oh my gosh i love the turtles!!! so lucky!!!! love the shot with all their little heads above the water! looks like you had an awesome time, and that's so awesome!!!
have a blessed weekend lynn!

Contributors