Thursday, March 26, 2009

The New Academy of Sciences

I was sad when they closed this in Golden Gate Park & opened it up in the Mission, but it has come back & blew me away! I LOVE this place! It makes me wanna move back to SF just so I can get a yearly pass! If you're ever in SF, I highly recommend a visit to the Academy of Sciences.

Here's the 4 story rainforest enclosed in a humungous glass bubble:
From Cali


The view from one of the upper floors. One of the vines had leaf cutter ants marching on it. And yep, that's people under the water. =)
From Cali


The lovely creatures inside the rainforest area. My fav is the chameleon -it's so cute!
From Cali


The awesome sea creatures in the aquarium area. You can spend hours here!
From Cali


And my favorite sea creature of all time? The sea dragon!
From Cali


The 2.5 acre roof has more than a million native plants living on it.
From Cali


The restaurant/food court area has some very yummy food, including pho! So go check it out if you haven't done so already.

Last pic -the Bay Bridge. It's just as beautiful to look at as the Golden Gate, and I love the upper & lower deck separation. Back in 1989, the Loma Prieta earthquake caused one part of the upper deck to collapse on the lower deck. (Read about it here.)
And here everyone is driving on the lower deck with no worries. Really, there's nothing to worry about. It's beautiful!
From Cali

0 comments:

Contributors