Thursday, April 16, 2009

5 Years already???

Tomorrow, April 17th, will be our 5 year wedding anniversary. Whoa!!! Whoohoo!!! Since I'll be enjoying the day (& all next week at Yosemite) with my hubby, I thought I'd post these babies up a day early.

It's an album that I worked on this past week of whatever digital files I could find of us. No pics from back in the film days since I didn't have time to scan them. Here we go!

From Lynn & Drew


We really weren't the best looking kids, but Drew & I have a theory about ugly kids.
From Lynn & Drew


The year we got together.
From Lynn & Drew


From Lynn & Drew


From Lynn & Drew


Top right: hubba hubba!
From Lynn & Drew


That's right- the tiara never left my head the entire day. =)
From Lynn & Drew


Top left: Drew's uncle really knows how to get down!
From Lynn & Drew


Our honeymoon: a month backpacking through Costa Rica. Ziplining together high above the rainforest ranks up there in one of the best things I've ever done in my life.
From Lynn & Drew


Match Day: This is the day we found out that Drew got into the internship program in SF and anesthesiology residency program at UCSD. Exactly where we wanted to go. We were on cloud 9 that day!
From Lynn & Drew


Oh, San Francisco. I really did leave a piece of my heart there. That was one of our best years together. We walked Bay to Breakers with friends, won the championship match in a volleyball league, and watched a bunch of outdoor concerts.
From Lynn & Drew


Next home: San Diego. We made some really good friends during our time there. Top left: 80's New Year's Party. Below that: Halloween -that's prego Britney after her interview w/ Matt Lauer. Top right: Private karaoke room with friends is the best! Below that: Go Chargers!
From Lynn & Drew


Bottom right: beach volleyball was a weekly occurrence during the summer.
From Lynn & Drew


During that first year, we took a week off & drove over to the Grand Canyon & Zion National Park & made a little stop at Slide Rock too. It was August, and I remember walking around Tempe when we first got to Arizona & my skin was burning off. I told Drew that there was no way in hell I'd ever live in this state. Look at me now! =)
From Lynn & Drew


From Lynn & Drew


We also took a couple of trips to New York during this time to visit Drew's sister & to attend his cousin's wedding. I love that city!!!
From Lynn & Drew


From Lynn & Drew


Down in San Diego was when we got Bella & Tovi. Drew was so afraid I would become cat lady when I told him we were getting a 2nd kitty. Now we love them to death!
From Lynn & Drew


So we were able to scrounge up a few bucks during his residency & went to Belize for a couple of weeks.
From Lynn & Drew


From Lynn & Drew


Last year, we headed to Kauai for a week of fun in the sun. Drew jumped off a waterfall into a pool of water & swung off a rope at the same place. I was too scared to do any of it and just danced on the beach.
From Lynn & Drew


We flew on the ultralights around the Napali coastline, over the ocean & the mountains. It was AMAZING!!!
From Lynn & Drew


And the last page of our album, which I debated showing since now everyone will know that I call Drew papa. =) Top left: There was this bee that would not seem to leave Drew alone when we were taking pics out by that abandoned house. It was hilarious!
From Lynn & Drew


Happy 5th Anniversary Papa Bear!!!! Love, love, love you!!!

6 comments:

matt said...

Beautiful! Miss you guys. Happy anniversary!!

Daisy Varley said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Love you two!

Nic said...

What a beautiful couple you guys make! Congratulations on your anniversary!

nel said...

Happy anniversary!

Beautiful album and photos!

ohana photographers - david , kim & april said...

aww!! happy anniversary lynn! hope you had an awesome day! i bet you did since all your pics are way too fun! that zip lining looks awesome! the couple we just shot in the virgin islands asked us if we wanted to do that in puerto rico, but we had to leave the day before :( stupid wedding ;) any who love all your pics and, i was a CUTE baby. what does that mean? haha!
oh and GO CHARGERS!!

E said...

Oh Lynn, you guys are just so gosh darn adorable. Congrats on five years - he's a very lucky fella! :-) I admit it - I still stalk your blog all the time - your pics are too good not to! If I'm ever fabulously wealthy, I'll fly you out for all my photo ops! :)

Contributors