Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everyone! I hope some of you were able to venture out w/ the thousands of other San Diegans to Balboa Park this past Sunday to celebrate Earth Day. This was the first time I've been to SD's Earth Fair, and yup, it's really as big as they say it is!
Photobucket

There were some cool environmentally friendly products out there that caught my eye. Like these cute bags by Green World Bags.
Photobucket

And this spaceship looking solar cooker at the SD Solar Cooking Club's booth. When I was there, one of the ladies had just baked a cake out there. Yummy! And yes, I did notice myself in the solar cooker.
Photobucket


Simple Shoes
are made from things like hemp & recycled plastic & car tires. I love that.
Photobucket

Ok, that's all for my product endorsements. Well, one more. But this one's an artist, so it's different. Jan Lee Lumkin's art really caught my eye for the color & the content. (Whoa, I just sounded like an art critic just now.) My favorite was this piece:
Photobucket

But as you can see, she's got a lot more:
Photobucket

This tree is filled with leaves of promises.
Photobucket

I'll be watching out for you at the beach from now on Emma!
Photobucket

And last, but not least of cool things that made me go oooooh, was the Laughter Yoga booth. I guess they made me go heeheehee more than ooooooh though.
Photobucket
Either way, these people were having a jolly good time at the fair! They have Laughter Circles every day of the week at different venues where they all get together & laugh! Funny, funny, funny!

1 comments:

Lisa Gisczinski Photography said...

Those Green World Bags are adorable!!
I LOVE earth day...and everything environmental. :)

Contributors